We all know the brakes are one of the essential components of our cars. If your brakes aren’t working correctly, you could end up in a dangerous situation. Getting routine brake services and maintenance is crucial to your safety and everyone else’s on the road.
If your car brakes need repair, get to an experienced mechanic immediately so they can fix the issue and get you driving safely once again. For reliable brake repair in the Crowley, TX, area, Jewell Auto has ASE-certified technicians who care about their work and our clients. If you suspect there is a problem with your brake system, come to our Fort Worth office before the problem gets worse.
Brake Replacement: What Types of Brakes Do I Need?
Your car’s anti-lock brakes enable you to steer while the brakes are in use. Each car has at least two braking systems that need routine maintenance to keep them working reliably. The brake systems most commonly used in modern vehicles are:
- Disc brakes: Similar to the brakes on a bicycle, disc brakes rely on a system in which a hard pad clamps down on a metal disc attached to the wheel to make it slow down and stop.
- Drum brakes: These brakes work in tandem with disc brakes on some cars — using shoes to create friction on the back wheels as the disc brakes work the front wheels.
- Hand brake: Activated by a lever between the car’s two front seats, the hand brake is an emergency option that uses cables to trigger the brakes on the back wheels without using brake fluid.
For the most thorough brake repair in the Crowley, TX, area, come to Jewell Auto. Our team dedicates itself to providing safety and peace of mind to every one of our clients. We do brake replacements for all brake types and offer the full range of brake services, including:
- Brake pad replacement
- Brake rotor replacement
- Brake fluid checks and refills
- Brake pedal repair
- Brake line inspection and replacement
- And much more
When Should I Have My Brakes Serviced?
The first things to wear out in a car’s brake system are typically the brake pads and rotors. We recommend replacing your brake pads with every 10 to 20 thousand miles you put on your odometer to prevent them from becoming dangerously worn. You should replace the rotors every time you put another 50 to 70 thousand miles on the car to keep the brake system strong and healthy.
You should take your car to a mechanic shop for routine maintenance for things like brake fluid checks and brake line inspection every 20 to 60 thousand miles. Most people have brake services done when they come to get a tire rotation.
Come to Jewell Auto For Car Brakes Repair
For the most attentive brake repair in the Crowley, TX, area, trust the ASE-certified experts at Jewell Auto. Brake failure can be hazardous, so don’t hesitate to get help if you think your brakes aren’t working normally. Visit our Fort Worth office or fill out our contact form today.